Established in 1958, International Cooling Tower, Inc. (ICT) designs, manufactures and constructs a complete line of industrial cooling towers for the petrochemical industry, power plants, petroleum refineries, pulp & paper mills, steel factories, mining applications and the food industry. Our operations complete cooling tower projects, aftermarket maintenance activities and a full range of field services in 42 states in the United States.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for reviewing potential industrial cooling tower projects including project scope, specifications, analysis of technical information, inspections and report writing in order to establish project design criteria, cost estimates and material quantity takeoffs. The position will assist the sales team, project management and construction operations during the estimating and execution of projects providing technical expertise from project initiation to completion.
• Review and analyze technical specifications to develop industrial cooling tower solutions
• Develop design recommendations, value added proposals and create cost estimates for aftermarket solutions and potential repairs
• Assist sales and business development team in delivering cooling tower design proposals to customers
• Use computer assisted engineering and 3D design software (AutoCAD/ Inventor/ Staad) and other software to develop industrial cooling tower solutions, inspections and reports
• Use estimating software to prepare proposals and/or inspection reports for aftermarket cooling solutions
• Provide and present technical information including material estimates to procurement group and project management team
• Identify risks and resolve conflicts within design, purchasing and construction
• Actively participate in all project phases as necessary, providing technical expertise to project management and construction team
• Contribute to industrial cooling tower knowledge base and research
• Structural work experience with industrial engineering projects is a Plus.
• Must have a TX PE designation or the ability receive within 6 months
• Experience with AutoCAD/Inventor/ Staad would be an asset
• Experience in cost estimating industrial engineering projects would be an asset
• Ability to read blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills to form effective relationships with customers
• Ability to price, negotiate and close sales opportunities
• Aptitude to succeed in a technical and troubleshooting driven business
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• High level of energy, flexibility and focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Outside or in a plant environment; may be exposed to bad weather and/or excessive heat
• Hazardous chemicals are typically produced or stored in locations close to Work area
• Travel to sites is required, 10% of the time
• Completion of a B.S., B.Sc. in Civil Engineering degree required
• Experience with Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word and Excel